1. For the people who might not know you, could you introduce yourself?
Hey there! My name is Valentyna Sichko and I am 16 years old. I was born in Ukraine and moved here to Canada when I was 9 years old. Now I am an actress and singer.
2. How did you become involved in the entertainment industry?
Since I was a kid I always loved to be in plays, and since then I’ve realized that my heart belongs to acting! I’ve always loved to entertain people and portray different characters.
3. Of the roles that you played, who was your favorite to portray and why?
My favorite character that I portrayed is from “The field of dying rabbits”. Her name is Sara. She is my favorite because she’s one of the smartest and strongest girls that has survived the zombie apocalypse. I have also been nominated and won awards because of her so it holds a special place in my heart.
4. What do you love most about your job as an artist?
There are so many reasons why I love what I do. This industry is very difficult but if you put your mind in the right place and believe in yourself you can accomplish so many things in life! What I love the most is when you get to be on set and you get to play a character and create a storyline.
5. If you weren’t an actress, what would you be doing?
If I wasn’t an actress I would love to be a public speaker. I would love to travel around the world and speak to people about positive mind thinking and encouraging them. And the other job I would be interested in doing is having my own business. I grew up in a business family so I would be interested in doing it.
6. What kind of roles do you prefer when you are looking at a potential character to portray?
In the future, I would love to play a character that is strong, independent and fights for herself. I play a lot of roles as a sweet little girl but I’m hoping in the future I get to play a stronger and more independent character.
7. Can you disclose anything about your upcoming projects?
I am currently working on this project called “Life of Cy” and it’s basically about a boy who is disabled. The movie walks you through his life and what it’s like to live it. I’m super excited to work on it and be a part of that team!
8. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?
My biggest accomplishment so far has probably got to be getting nominated for the Young Artist Awards and there were a lot of Hollywood stars who attended this event. I got to travel all the way to Los Angeles to the award show and d it was an amazing experience!
9. Who are some artists that inspire you and why?
There are so many artists that have inspired me, like Meryl Streep, Jason Statham, Morgan Robbie, and of course I can’t forget about Judah Katz, he has inspired me as an actor so much and helped me grow as an artist.
10. Do you have any advice for aspiring actors who want to get started in the industry?
If you decide to do this as your career, don’t stop, just keep going and believe in yourself because in this industry you need to build tough skin. If they can do it then we can do it too.
11. Do you have anything to say to the people who support you?
Thank you so much! It means a lot to me to have people like you guys! I can’t thank you enough for how much every single one of you motivates me every day to keep going and follow my dreams! And overcome my obstacles. Thank you again!
12. What is the best thing about acting?
You get to meet so many great people and work with them. You get to also entertain people and do so much as an actor, but the best thing about acting is that you get to play another character. And there is so much more to it than just acting.
13. What do you have in mind for the future?
First I would like to get an education because I’m still young and education is very important. Second I would like to start working in bigger films and bigger Tv shows in the future and keep working on my craft!
14. What are some causes that are dear to your heart and hope to bring awareness to?
I would like to spread awareness to the world that when you have a dream you can do anything and anything is possible and people shouldn’t give up on what they want for themselves in the future, because you only live once and you should love every moment you live in:).
Thank you so much to Valentyna for this wonderful interview. You can find more about her and her work on: