Jocelyn Hudon is an actress, known for The Strain (2014), The Order (2019), When Hope Calls (2019) and more.
1. For the people who might not know you, could you introduce yourself?
Hi there! My name is Jocelyn Hudon and I’m a Canadian actress living in LA 🙂
2. What sparked your interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry and how did you get started?
I have always been on stage. I started as a ballerina when I was three years old and then went to a performing arts high school. I just had a feeling inside me that this is what I was always meant to do.
3. You are currently starring on “When hope calls”. What can you tell us about your character and how does it feel like to be a part of this show?
Grace is spunky, positive, and full of life. I love playing her. I am really blessed and happy to be a part of the show. It was a great experience and I made some amazing friends (ESPECIALLY THE KIDS)
4. Who would you love working with on a project and why?
I would love to work with Angelina Jolie. I just watched Maleficent 2 last night and she is so inspiring and powerful. I’ve always been a huge fan of hers.
5. What do you hope to achieve through your art?
I think my biggest goal is to be relatable. I want anyone who thinks they’re weird or quirky to feel like just because you’re different doesn’t mean you don’t have value or a place. Being “weird” or “odd” is one of the best things that can happen to you.
6. What has been your biggest accomplishment so far?
I think definitely being cast as the lead of a series. 3 years ago I wouldn’t believe you if you’d told me this is where I would be.
7. Which artists influenced you, and how did they influence your thinking and career path?
Baz Luhrmann for sure. I love his work and he really brings a magical element into his films. Angelina Jolie of course. She can say so much without moving or saying anything. Goals.
8. What is the best vs. the worst thing about the entertainment industry?
The best and worst thing is unpredictability. I love not knowing what will happen next.
9. What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
DON’T CARE ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS. You are different and that is good.
10. How do you deal with the stress of the entertainment industry?
I deal really well with stress. I think I just yell or freak out and then it’s over. I get over it very quickly. It doesn’t follow me around.
11. What is one philosophy that you live by?
You are what you do. Not what you say you’ll do.
12. Do you have any advice for people who want to get started in the industry?
Just do it. Start. Put everything you have into it and don’t get distracted. If you REALLY want something it will happen.
13. What plans do you have in mind for the future?
I would love to do more comedy!
14. What are some causes that are dear to your heart and hope to bring awareness to in the future?
Rhino poaching. I traveled to Africa for a tv series a few years ago and learned about poaching and it really, really bothers me. I find it completely useless to kill an entire species for their horns.. which also serve no purpose to human beings.
Thank you so much to Jocelyn for the wonderful interview! You can find more about her and her work on :